2021 Lexus GX Review
Finding balance is the key to being successful at any venture, and Lexus knows this very well. For decades, they’ve been able to produce sports utility vehicles (SUVs) that balance dignified elegance with sheer ruggedness. Their latest offering is the 2021 Lexus GX, and it harnesses the aggressiveness of an off-road vehicle with the elegance of a 5-star SUV.
SUV shoppers in White Plains, Yonkers, and Scarsdale, NY, would look great behind the wheel of the GX. Allow Lexus of White Plains to make the introduction to the SUV of your dreams. Continue reading to discover all the glorious amenities the Lexus GX has to offer. Then, stop by for an exciting test drive!
The source of the Lexus GX’s unmistakable power comes from its 4.6L V8 engine that produces a hearty 301 horsepower. The engine is naturally aspirated so the air intake solely relies on atmospheric pressure. This simply means the engine won’t lag and will consistently create bursts of power, which you’ll need plenty of while riding through tough terrain, up hills, and across mountains.
The V8 engine also churns out a whopping 329 lb-ft of torque, giving it enough strength to tow up to 6,500 pounds when properly equipped. To get an even better feel of the torque power, the Lexus GX also has a 4-wheel drive system, which offers much better traction whether you’re traveling on slippery highways or sloshing through muddy trails.
Safety at a Premium
The 2021 Lexus GX can bravely face the tough roads of New York, but it’s very delicate when it comes to the safety of its passengers. Thanks to the Lexus Safety System+, multiple steps are taken to protect the well-being of the vehicle’s occupants. Some safety features within this suite include:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: Helps detect the presence of a vehicle or pedestrian.
- Brake Assist: Begins braking automatically before impact and in some instances will even brake the car to a full stop.
- Lane Departure Alert: Alerts the driver when the car starts to veer out of the lane.
Intelligent High Beams are also a part of the package, and they automatically adjust illumination when you need it the most. If you’re driving in heavy fog or dark areas, the beams will shine even brighter. Conversely, when it detects ample lighting in the area, the beams will switch to low.
The minute you sit in the GX, you’ll immediately notice the brand’s trademark standard of luxury and state-of-the-art technological features. The bevy of functions include:
- Amazon Alexa: Allows you to stream music, sync to the available Navigation System, and get the latest news and weather updates at the touch of a button.
- Navigation System: Employs an available high-resolution display to show driver points of interest scattered nearby and 3D city views.
- Subscription-Free Traffic & Weather: Notifies you of upcoming inclement weather and traffic congestion via HD Radio™.
An additional feature is the Lexus Enform App Suite, which allows you to access your favorite mobile apps. Sync the app to your smartphone, and you’ll be able to stream all your favorite tunes, listen to your favorite podcast live, and check on stocks via the multimedia display screen.
Test Drive the Lexus GX Today
By finding the perfect balance of power, safety, and technology, the 2021 Lexus GX manages to uphold the lofty standard that comes with the Lexus name. Lexus of White Plains cordially invites residents in White Plains, Yonkers, and Scarsdale to stop by and take the GX out for a test drive!