Lexus RX 350 Maintenance Schedule
When driving through White Plains, Yonkers, and Scarsdale, there’s no question the Lexus RX 350 provides a smooth, comfortable ride on each and every trip. To enjoy that kind of ride for years to come, it’s important to have regular maintenance performed on your car.
The Lexus of White Plains service technicians have compiled this maintenance schedule, so you know when maintenance needs to be done. Let’s get a closer look at the RX 350 and the service intervals. Schedule a service appointment today.
Every 5,000 Miles
This will be the car’s first service, which includes:
- A tire rotation. With a rotation, tires will wear evenly with all four having the chance to sit on both the front and back wheels.
- Fluid levels will be checked and adjusted if needed. This includes coolant, transmission fluid, and brake fluid.
- The 5,000-mile checkpoint will also involve a visual inspection of the brake pads, calipers, and rotors to ensure the car stops when you press the brake pedal.
- The Lexus RX 350 will also receive a road test, so we’re able to see how the car is handling.
Every 10,000 Miles
- The cabin air filter of your Lexus RX 350 will be replaced after 10,000 miles. Air filters keep dust and pollen from reaching the cabin, but naturally will become clogged after keeping these particles out.
- It’s time for an oil change, too. Oil changes properly lubricate the engine so the car fires up and runs properly. Oil changes can improve fuel economy, reduce engine wear, and keep engine components cool.
Every 15,000 Miles
Tires will be rotated and balanced. The road test will be done once more. Maintenance items will also be handled, including:
- Inspecting axle shaft boots
- Inspecting ball joints and dust covers
- Inspecting the body
- Inspecting brake lines and hoses
- Engine coolant will be looked at, as well. Coolant is the fluid that keeps the engine from overheating, so levels will be adjusted if necessary. We’ll check for any leaks around the radiator to ensure it’s working.
Every 30,000 Miles
- The brakes need to work when you press the pedal, and brake fluid is a major reason why they work. So, the fluid will be replaced in your Lexus RX 350 after 30,000 miles.
- We’ll change the engine air filter, too. This works similarly to the cabin air filter, stopping dust and dirt from getting into the engine area.
Every 60,000 Miles
- Spark plugs are a critical part of the ignition system. When pressing the start button or turning the key, the ignition coil generates the spark, which signals to the engine cylinders to start the car. Spark plugs will wear down as time moves on, and need replacement every 60,000 miles.
Visit Our Service Center
Turn to the service team at Lexus of White Plains to take care of all this vehicle maintenance. We provide complete maintenance of your Lexus RX 350, so your car is road-ready in White Plains, Yonkers, and Scarsdale.